Facebook is the most popular social networking site. Billions of people use Facebook for various purposes since famous things are also prone to bad incidents, therefore facebook users are met with a number of hacked accounts. However, recovering facebook accounts is easier and can be done with a few steps. Nevertheless, you must realize that your account has been hacked and work fast in order to recover it. Once recovered, then you should become extra protective about your facebook account and make sure that it is secured.
Below are some procedures that can be helpful in recovering your hacked account.
If the password has changed:
The most common type of hacking is done by changing the password of the account so that the original user cannot access it. As a matter of fact, recovering such account is relatively easier. You need to follow these steps for doing so.
- If only the password has changed and you still have access to the associated email of the account then you may go to the “forgot password” option at the facebook login page.
- Facebook will lead you to another page and will ask you to enter either your username, email address or the phone number. You can select any of the options.
- Facebook will find your profile, view your specific profile enter either the email address or mobile number and click on “continue”.
- A recovery code will be sent to your desired recovery option. Enter that code and click continue.
- Now set your new password and your account will be ready to use again.
If no access to email:
If the hacker has gone a little further with hacking your account, and your associated email cannot be accessed then you must take the following steps to recover it.
- Click on the forgot password option.
- Now let Facebook search your profile by entering your username or email address
- Once you have been located by Facebook, click on your profile, a dialogue box will open to reset your password.
- Click on “no longer have access to these” as you do not have access to your associated email address.
- Then extended recovery options will be given and it depends on the age of the facebook account. Old facebook accounts have the option of Security question to recover their account.
- New Facebook users can use the option of “trusted contacts” to regain access to their account. For doing so, enter the email address you have access to, and click on reveal my trusted contacts and enter the name of one of them. Facebook will provide a link that only your trusted contact can access. Ask them to click on the link and get the security code for you. Enter the security code to recover your account.
If Password and email address changed:
If your password, as well as the associated email, has been changed, then the chances of recovering the account have somewhat reduced. To get through this type of situations there are two procedures that you can apply. It will require you to recover the account either by your mobile number or old email address.
- By recovering from the mobile number all you need to do is go to the facebook page. Click on the forgot password option. Then enter your account information like username or email address, once your Facebook profile appears, click on it and recovery options will appear. Click on the mobile number option. Enter your mobile number, Facebook will send you a text message in which a security code will be given. Enter the recovery code to the dialogue box. Now you will be able to set a new password for your facebook account.
- The other way is to recover with email change notification. If your email address has been changed, then Facebook will send an email to your previously entailing email address and notify you about the email change.
- If your email id has been hacked, then there will be an option “if you did not do this, please secure your account” click on it. You will be given the option to secure your account.
- Then Facebook will provide you with a number of recovery options according to the account and security. You may be asked to upload the government ID, Facebook will verify it and reactivate your account.
- Another option will be to enter your date of birth to recover the account.
- Another fun option is that Facebook will ask you to recognize your friends by showing you their pictures and asking their names.
Method -2 (Updated on 19th of May – 2019)
If none of the methods worked for you to recover your facebook account, here is the new updated methods for you. Facebook just published a new security update which allows you to reset your password without any verification (in some cases) only if you try to reset your password from the device that you use mostly for login to Facebook. It means that if your facebook got hacked, and if you tried many methods and not worked just try the method below;
- Open the device that you use mostly for Facebook like log-in, log-out or any activity that you’ve made mostly.
- For example; your iPhone using it for 2 years for Facebook as well.
- Just try to recover / reset your password from that device.
- If Facebook recognizes your device, you’ll be able to reset your password without any verification.
- To increase your chance, if its possible, while trying to reset your Facebook password, use the Wi-Fi / Network you use for Facebook mostly like your Home Wi-Fi etc.
This may not work on your case, but you should try. If you still could not achieve it, just put your comment below so we can give some suggestions for your case.
Method -3 (Updated on 18th of June – 2019)
Facebook currently launched / extended a service called: Identity Verification. With this feature, you will be able to confirm your identity by sending government issued ID. After sending your ID, Facebook will response to you in 1-3 days and will help you to get back your account easily. Here are the steps:
- Go to: https://en-gb.facebook.com/help/contact/183000765122339
- Fill the form, attach your government issued ID.
- Send the form to Facebook and wait couple of days.
- Then Facebook will send you an e-mail about recovery.
These are the ways through which you can recover your hacked account. Though your account was hacked but have you ever wondered why it happened in the first place? You must try to make your Facebook account safe and secure. For doing so, one thing you must be clear about is to never use the facebook password for any other accounts that you own. This will help to secure your Facebook profile if any other account of yours has been hacked.
Facebook also has the two-step verification version, to enable it, go to your security settings and click on “Login Approvals”. By doing this, you will be always asked for the security code given to your mobile number whenever your account is logged in to a new device.
In the US, Facebook also provides a one-time password which is very helpful in order to sign in to the public account. To obtain that password, message otp to 32665 from your mobile number. These tips will help you to make your account secure. Hopefully, you will find these steps beneficial and it will help you to come out of this situation. Getting hacked on facebook is just like a nightmare, for which you wish that it had had never happened. Since once your account is hacked, all your personal details are at stake and the hacker may use it in an inappropriate way.
In additional, from Famoid, you can get facebook likes easily, try this link to see our special packages.
Hope this content will be helpful for you.
Famoid Blog – 2019