The main purpose of building Instagram was to build a community or a social connection all over the globe. And the best way to build that social connection is by reposting other user’s photos, videos, and Stories.
After all, Instagram Stories are a way for 61% of Instagram users to see what their friends are doing.
Reposting Stories also helps you increase audience engagement. It’s a way to tell your brand’s story, share user-generated content, and connect with your followers. You can also use Stories to share behind-the-scenes content or post customer reviews about your products and services.
In short, reposting content on Stories can be beneficial for you if you know how to do it! Maybe you want to repost an Instagram Story from someone you don’t know, perhaps they have a private account, or your customers simply forgot to tag your brand in their review.
For whatever reasons you want to repost Stories on Instagram, we’ve got your back.
In this post, we’ll share how to repost someone’s Instagram story even if you’re not tagged in it.
So ready to dive in? Let’s go.
How to Repost Someone’s Instagram Story When You’re Tagged In
Let’s say a customer has mentioned your brand in a story. Or, they’ve shared a testimonial for your product on their Instagram story. So, the first thing you’d want to do is brag about it with your followers. And what’s a more suitable way to brag than reposting their Story on your own Instagram Story.
When another Instagram user tags your profile in their Story, everyone who follows the user can see it. And if the user’s account is public, their Instagram story will be visible to every Instagram user.
When your friend, customer, or any user tags you in a Story, Instagram will notify you directly in your Direct Messages from that person. If someone tags you in a story, but you don’t follow that person, you’ll receive the notification in your message requests instead of DM.
Once someone mentions or tags your username in their Story, there’s no way you can delete it or remove your tag. If you want to delete your tag, you have to ask that user personally or report it to Instagram.
And, if you decided to repost the Instagram Story you’ve been tagged in, make sure to follow these easy steps below:
- Go to your DMs by tapping on the paper airplane sign located at the top right corner of your screen.
- Open the message that is informing you you’ve been tagged in a Story.
- You’ll notice a button on the message, “Add This To Your Story.” Click on the button.
- Now select where you want to repost the story. Choose from the options Story, Your Close Friends, or a Direct Message to another user.
Here’s a quick tip: You can only repost the story while it’s still visible to Instagram users. The Instagram story has a time frame of 24 hours, so make sure to repost it quickly!
Also, remember that tagged sharing is available when the user who posts the story has a public account. And they should have the story-sharing feature enabled.
How to Repost Instagram Story When You’re Not Tagged In
Liked someone’s Instagram story but not tagged in it?
Well, you can still repost the story on your profile without any hassle. Here’s how:
Take a screenshot of the story before a story disappears (within the 24- hr time frame). If you’re an Android or iPhone user, you can normally take the screenshot without any third-party apps. And if the story includes a short video, you can use a screen recorder to record it.
Now for reposting the story screenshot or the recorded video, follow these steps below:
- After taking the screenshot or the video, crop it to remove your phone’s interface.
- Upload the screenshot or recorded video to your story.
- You can also use the photo sticker option to upload the story.
- Tag the person in that Story so they can be aware that you’ve reposted their Story.
And that’s it! Following these steps, you can easily repost a story on Instagram even if you’re not tagged in.
Can You Repost an Instagram Story From a Private Account?
If any Instagram user with a private account tags you in their Story, you’ll receive a notification in your DMs, but this won’t allow you to repost the Story.
However, you can still take a screenshot of the story (as we mentioned earlier) and repost it to your Story.
Is it Possible to Repost an Instagram Story From the Desktop?
Unfortunately, you can’t directly reshare Instagram Story from a desktop. Although you can share it with your followers in Direct Messages, the reposting Story feature isn’t available.
However, you can repost a Instagram story by using two simple tricks:
- Taking a screenshot
- Using third-party apps
1. Take a Screenshot
If you’ve tagged in an Instagram story, simply take a screenshot on your desktop and post it like a regular story. Just don’t forget to tag the owner to notify them that you’re reposting their story. To take a screenshot on your windows:
- Click on the “Prt Sc” button. Then past the screenshot into programs like paint or word to crop it and remove the UI.
- Also, you can use the Snipping Tool to take a screenshot and save it directly.
If you’re a Mac user, you can take a screenshot by following the steps below:
- Click Command+Shift+5
- Navigate to Launchpad>Other>Screenshot
2. Using Third-Party Apps
There are hundreds of third-party apps available in the market that allow you to repost Instagram Story on your desktop, such as the Preview App, Metricool, AISchedule, etc. By doing a little research, you can find out which app is best for you.
How to Repost Instagram Feed Posts to Story
Reposting feed posts to Stories can be a great way to cross-promote your content, drive audience attention to your latest posts, and increase engagement. There’s no doubt this reposting feature is useful for brands and influencers. So if you want to repost your or some other user’s Instagram feed post, follow these steps below:
- Press the paper airplane signed button located right below the post you would like to repost in your story.
- Then you’ll notice an option on the following menu that says, “Add Post to Your Story.”
- Press on it.
- You’ll see the feed post is now posted as a sticker with a customized background in your story.
- You can resize, move, or rotate the post according to your preference. You can also add texts, stickers, GIFS, and drawing tools to edit more.
- Next, share it with your Close friends or repost it on Your Story.
Any reposted story will create a link back to the original feed post you’ve shared. It will also include the post’s owner’s username.
Also, you can repost feed posts only from a public account. However, if you have a public account but don’t want others to share your stories, you just simply have to make changes in the Instagram settings and disable the option.
Can You Repost Instagram Posts With Captions?
If the account is set to public mode, you can definitely repost a feed post to your Story with a caption. Here’s what you can do to repost it:
- Open the Instagram app.
- Select the post you want to repost in your Story.
- Tap on the paper airplane sign under the post.
- Press the option “Add post to your story.”
- Now, click on the post to show the caption. If you tap on it again, it will house the caption.
- Next, edit the post accordingly.
- Choose where you want to share the Story.
- Tap on Send.
Do You Need Permission to Repost an Instagram Story?
According to Instagram’s terms and conditions, you can’t post a user’s private or confidential information that harms their rights or violates the right of intellectual property.
So, to stay safe from copyright infringement laws, the best option is to ask for permission before you repost a Story on Instagram.
However, if an account is public, reposting the original post will automatically give credit to the original owner. So, if you’re giving credits to the user who posted the story, reposting it without permission isn’t illegal.
There you go! That’s how easily you can repost a story on Instagram.
We have mentioned all the possible hacks you can use to repost a Story on Instagram. Now it’s your turn to use them accordingly and repost a bunch of Story on your account. By reposting Stories and editing them a bit, you can keep your audience engaged and make them your super fan.