Social media has become, perhaps, one of the most crucial forms of communication of the century. It allows us to instantly contact and engage with people across the world, at any time of the day or night, and completely for free. Networking has never existed in this form before, and giving people the opportunity to communicate like this with friends and family has proven invaluable. However, perhaps because of this, when something goes wrong, it’s beyond frustrating, especially if you have something important to convey. Most of us get irrationally angry with the little message icon when it won’t work the way we want it to.
Instagram Direct Messages (DMs) Not Working!
Direct messages can go wrong in a number of weird ways. You might find that you are unable to start a new message thread, or that you can’t send messages to certain users. Alternatively, you might find the issue is with messages you have received displaying incorrectly; some users seem to get them all jumbled up, or experience messages disappearing, reappearing, and then disappearing again. All of these are very frustrating issues which might be particularly annoying if you need to refer back to a thread for any reason.
Possible Causes of Instagram DM Failure:
The problem may have been caused by an update, either done by Instagram or your device provider, which is preventing the information from sending correctly, or stopping it displaying. It might also be a glitch on your app, or could be the result of a user blocking you, causing previous direct messages to display strangely. It seems these problems are experienced by users of all sorts of different devices, not limited to one specific phone or tablet.
Solutions To Try
If you think it’s a problem on your device, there are a few different things you can try out to see if they fix the issue.
- If you’ve only just started experiencing the issue, try powering your device off and then turning it back on. This is often enough to jog the app back into its proper working state and may get the direct messages back to normal.
- Check you have the latest update, and then try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
- See if the direct messages are working correctly in the browser, or on another device, as this will give you an indication as to whether it’s your device, or the app, that’s at fault.
- Try clearing your cache partitions, getting rid of any temporary files which could be hogging memory or causing a glitch.
- Make sure you have enough memory on your device to deal with direct messages, and free some up if you’re at, or close to, your limit.
- Message Instagram’s help and support centre for further advice if you’re still struggling, and they should be able to help.
It’s always frustrating when programmes don’t work as they should, and if you have something you need to discuss, it can be doubly annoying. Trying some of the above suggestions might help to get you back up and running again.
Also, if you are considering buying IG views easily and instantly, you may want to check our essential services, see below:
Hope this works for you!
Famoid Blog – 2018