What’s worst than getting an account hacked? Nothing, we mean it nothing. If your Instagram account has been hacked then you are in a very critical situation. The hacker can do anything with your account. He can download your images and can make illegal use of it, or he might post content on your account and badly influence your following. Whatever may be the case, you must act fast in order to recover your hacked account. There is no more time to waste, your Instagram account and following is at stake. However, nothing is impossible, recovering a badly hacked account perhaps will be a little difficult but not impossible.
In the process of recovering your account, you must be aware of the severity of the case. There are levels of an Instagram hack. If you are discovering content posted from your account that you have got no clue of then your password may be is compromised and the hacker has your password. The more severe hack is when you cannot log in to your account and your email address, as well as other information, has also changed. If you are dealing with such a complex situation then do not worry, we have the right solutions for you.
If you can log in to your account:
If your account has been hacked and you can still log in to it. You must be observing suspicious things, the hacker may comment or like and post unauthorized content. Then you may realize that your account has been hacked, however, the good thing is that you can still sign in to your account.
For doing so, first, log in to your recovered account and then click on the settings icon on the profile page, if you are using an internet browser. Then on the next page tap on “authorized apps” then by clicking on revoke access, you can cancel the access of the apps that you do not use. Or you can revoke access from all the apps so that the apps will ask your permission for access
If you cannot log into your account:
If you have been a victim of a dangerous hacker, he might have changed your password to throw you out of your Instagram home. Despite of that, there is still hope to recover your hacked account. For this purpose you have to follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram login page.
- Tap on “get help signing in” option.
- Then a reset password page will open. You are requested to enter your email address or username.
- If you are using an Android phone you need to tap on the arrow icon in the top-right corner after entering the username.
- If you’re an Apple user there will be no arrow and you can go to the next step where you tap on “need more help”.
- The Instagram app will then let you through the password reset process.
If your email address is changed:
If you have been hacked by a more nefarious hacker, then he will not only change your password instead he will change your every information including your email and username. Recovering such accounts is more difficult and the process is also time taking. But you have to wait and work for it.
The first thing to note is that either you have received an email from Instagram to your email address. If you have received it, then this is great news. Instagram will ask you that have you submitted the email change request. If you haven’t then there will be provided with a link to regain access to your account.
Instagram will send you auto-response email to the secured email address that you have provided and ask you to verify your identity. For doing so, you must be asked one or both the following verifications:
- Your photo with the hand-written code that Instagram has provided.
- The device you used to sign up and the email or phone number you used at the time of sign up.
- When Instagram will be satisfied that you are the owner of the account then it will provide you with further specific instructions to recover account your hacked.
Try to reach Instagram easily
That was easy right, but what if the hacker gained access to the original email id and deleted the email that Instagram has sent you? Don’t be disappointed, Instagram has further options for you. if you have linked your Instagram account on facebook, then Facebook can help you to recover it.
- If you are an android user then tap on “get help signing in” on the login page of Instagram. Then tap on “log in with facebook” and use the Facebook information to log in to your account.
- On iOS, the Instagram account will already be signed in the facebook app, click on “continue as” with your Facebook username. Once you have signed in you can adjust your email id and password.
Instagram also send a text message to the owners who have provided the phone number. It will send you a link to recover your account.
Recovering a hacked account is not difficult, however, make sure that the hacker doesn’t delete your account. If the Instagram account is once deleted it can never be recovered. In order to make your account secure, you can turn on the two-factor authentication option that Instagram provides. It will require your phone number and a code will be texted to you whenever you log in with a new device.
Additionally, you can get real views for your videos on Youtube, please check the link below to see how can you do that:
Hope this article can help you to get your instagram account back!
Famoid Blog – 2019