Instagram has become an incredibly powerful platform for brands (personal and otherwise) to market on. Businesses with products and services with aesthetic appeal can easily brand themselves and share the results of their products via their own profiles, or via influencer marketing.
Influencer marketing has existed in some manifestation since the 1800s, but it has grown explosively in recent years, thanks to Instagram. Now, normal people can share their life and their story and be paid by brands to share their products with their following.
10 Instagram Fashion and Beauty Influencers to Follow – Famoid Blog
There are thousands of niches and communities on Instagram, but they are all dwarfed by the fashion and beauty community that thrives on the platform. So, why is Instagram the go-to platform for these influencers, who are they, how did they grow their following and how can you do the same? Let’s take a closer look.
Why is Instagram the Go-To Social Media Platform for Fashion and Beauty Influencers?
Of course, the first reason is obvious; Instagram is a primarily visual medium, and fashion and beauty is all about aesthetics. You can write blog posts and share advice on social media, but if your followers can’t see the results of what you’re telling them, they won’t truly know if what your suggesting is sound advice.
Instagram is the social media platform we turn to when we’re looking to see beauty, things to aspire to, art, and to digest new information at a glance. Fashion and beauty bloggers, vloggers, and hobbyists flocked to the platform to follow one another and share their own creations.
And, where there is a community, there’s the potential to make money. In the same way brands started to work with fashion and beauty YouTubers, they approached small and large influencers on Instagram and started working with them. The influencers were able to share a small portion of their lives with just a simple image, and then get paid for using brands’ products. Now, not only are fashion and beauty influencers able to share their passion, but they can make a good living with it, too.
10 Top Fashion and Beauty Instagram Influencers to follow in 2020
1. Kylie Jenner (@kyliejenner)
Though Kylie began her fame as one of the Kardashian clan, she quickly became an icon in the fashion and beauty world. When she launched her own beauty range, first starting with the Kylie Lip Kits, the fashion and beauty world embraced her products. She recently controversially became the youngest “self-made” billionaire.
2. Huda Kattan (@hudabeauty)
If you haven’t heard of Huda, you’ve likely heard of her brand, Huda Beauty. Huda started as a beauty blogger who embraced Instagram early on to show her makeup looks, reviews, trends, and tutorials. Huda’s following grew quickly and she now has over 39.6m followers and her brand Huda Beauty has skyrocketed and can now be found in stores like Sephora.
3. Chiara Ferragni (@chiaraferragni)
Chiara started life in Italy, but moved to New York and became a model. Since, she started a fashion blog called The Blonde Salad, became a spokesperson for Guess, grew her Instagram following to over 17.6 million, and launched her own fashion brand.
4. Nikkie De Jager (@nikkietutorials)
Better known as her handle, Nikkietutorials, Nikkie’s following started on YouTube and followed her to Instagram, where she now has over 12.7 followers. Nikkie is famous for her colorful beauty tutorials.
5. Julie Sarinana (@sincerelyjules)
Julie started her blog, Sincerely Jules, back in 2009, and over the past decade has grown into a hugely popular fashion blog. Julie has over 5.3 million Instagram followers and her own store.
6. James Charles (@jamescharles)
At just 19, James Charles skyrocketed to popularity and amassed a whopping 10 million followers in under a year, and now has over 15.9 million followers who adore his intricate looks. Despite a recent controversy with other YouTube beauty gurus, James’ following is still incredibly strong.
7. Zoe Sugg (@zoesugg)
Zoe, well known for her YouTube channel and now brand, Zoella, has 9.6 million followers and quickly became one of the biggest British fashion and beauty influencers for young teens.
8. Lauren Conrad (@laurenconrad)
Lauren started on the reality TV show, The Hills, in 2006 and quickly became a fashion icon. She has gone on to amass an Instagram following of 6.1 million. She is now a designer and shares her looks and life on Instagram.
9. Michelle Phan (@michellephan)
Michelle started her blog way back in 2005 and joined YouTube in 2007, where a how-to beauty video went viral in 2009. From there, she became one of the biggest beauty influencers and has 2 million followers.
10. Aimee Song (@songofstyle)
Aimee started her fashion blog in 2008 and later joined Instagram to showcase her style. She now has 5.4 million followers, collaborates with big brands like Bloomingdale’s, is a mom, and an interior designer.
How to Grow Your Beauty and/or Fashion Instagram Following
- Use Planning Software to Focus on Your Aesthetic – Instagram planning software like Planoly will help you plan out your Instagram posts to get the professional aesthetic your followers expect to find on your profile.
- Post Daily – ideally 2 – 3 times a day, or once plus Instagram stories. Get in front of your followers and potential followers as much as possible to create a connection.
- Nurture that Connection – don’t be afraid to reach out to your followers. If they send you a message or leave a comment always reply, and if they ask a question you can help them by being generous with your time, especially when your followers are still in the five-figures.
- Collaborate with Others – the best way to reach new followers is to connect with other influencers like you and collaborate on an image, challenge, or project. Promote one another to your following.
- Hashtag Creatively – besides promoting yourself on other platforms (a blog, YouTube channel, etc) hashtags are a key way of getting in front of an unknown audience. Instagram actively dislikes it when users add 20+ hashtags at the end of their post, especially if they’re the same every time, so use key hashtags and work them into your captions.
If you’re ready to grow your Instagram following, become an influencer, and do big things in the fashion and beauty niche, make sure to read our other articles on growing your Instagram following and see our instagram services page to learn more about what we can do for you.
Famoid Blog – 2020