If you’ve come across the “Tweets Aren’t Loading Right Now” message when using Twitter, you’re not alone!
It’s a common problem millions of Twitter users often face due to an app or bug issue. You can face problems while loading Twitter on your mobile, desktop, or browser.
But what causes this message to appear on your screen? And how can you fix this issue?
Well, the issue might seem complicated, but the solution is quite simple.
In this post, we’ll show you why does “Tweet aren’t loading right now” message appears and how you can fix this using some easy methods.
“Tweets Aren’t Loading Right Now” is basically an error message displayed by Twitter. When you’re facing any issue accessing Twitter, this message tends to show up on your screen.
If you get this error message, the tweets won’t be able to load. If your Twitter has an internal issue or the server is down, the issue be solved on its own.
Other than that, if there’s a browser issue or your internet is down, you can get this error message too.
Why Does It Happen?
Apart from Twitter’s internal issue, the most common reasons why this happens are:
- You’re using an outdated Twitter version.
- If your phone or computer’s cache memory is full, it can interrupt the loading.
- You’re facing browser-specific issues.
- Your Wi-Fi connection is poor. Or your internet server is down.
- The Twitter app is maybe not compatible with your system.
No matter whatever the reason is, you can always fix the “Tweets Aren’t Loading Right Now” issue. Below we’ve mentioned all the hacks you can try to resolve this problem real quick!
If your Twitter app is not updated, you can get an error message. Because an outdated Twitter app often causes bugs and glitches. And bugs cause trouble while loading specific aspects of the app. That’s why Twitter always push updates on their app whenever such bugs occur.
So, to fix the error message (Tweets aren’t loading right now), always keep your Twitter app up to date. An updated app will make sure you aren’t facing any bug issues or getting any errors while loading the app.
Now to update the Twitter app, you have to follow two different processes for Android and iOS devices. Below we’ve mentioned both processes:
For Android users
- Start with opening the Play Store app on your Android device.
- Tap on your profile icon, located top right corner of your screen
- Next, click on the Manage apps and device option.
- On the Manage apps and device menu, you will see a list of all the installed apps. And you can see which apps need to be updated in the Updates available section.
- If your Twitter app needs to be updated to the latest version, tap on the update option and wait for it to get updated.
For iOS Users
- Open the App Store on your device.
- Head to the updates option to see which apps need to be updated.
- If you see an update icon beside the Twiter app, tap on it.
- Wait for the update process to complete.
After updating the app, open Twitter and refresh your timeline. Now, you will start seeing the latest tweets without any errors.
Pro Tip: If you’re getting the error message in an updated version of the Twitter app, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app on your phone.
2. Clear Browser Cookie And Cache
Remember when you visit a website, it asks you for cookies? No, not real cookies!
Cache and cookies are collections of temporary files that are stored on your computer to give you a faster experience while loading a site or app.
That means, if you’re using Twitter on a browser, chances are the browser is already downloading cache and cookies on your computer. And if your browser downloads corrupted cache and cookies, Twitter may not load properly.
You can fix this issue by clearing all the saved cache and cookies from your browser. Now the process of deleting cookies and cache differs between browsers. Here we are sharing how you can clear browser cookies and cache in Google Chrome:
- Open the Google Chrome browser.
- Click on the three vertical dots icon or the Menu button located top right corner of your desktop.
- Next, click on the More Tools option.
- Under the More Tools menu, click on the Clear browsing data option.
- Select the time range of the cache you wish to delete on the Clear browsing data window.
- Make sure to tick on the Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files box.
- Then click on the Clear Data button to complete the process.
After clearing all the cache and cookies, reopen the Twitter site on your browser.
And mostly, the issue should be resolved now.
3. Check if Your Internet is Working
You can fix the Twitter aren’t loading message by checking your internet connection. If your internet isn’t working properly or working slow, try refreshing the ISP connection.
To refresh the connection, you can unplug the router and start it again. You can also contact your Wi-Fi operator to make sure you have a good connection. If your internet is working slowly, run a speed test on your computer.
If you’re using Twitter on your mobile, try switching between Wi-Fi and mobile data to load the tweets successfully.
4. Use a Different Browser
If you’re getting a “Tweets aren’t loading” error on your browser, maybe it’s time to use a different browser to get rid of any browser-related issues. For instance, if you’re browsing Twitter on Google Chrome for a while, try using Microsoft Edge or Mozilla Firefox.
Another great way to fix the error message on Twitter is to disable browser extensions (if you’re using any). Browser extensions like Ad Blockers, Twitter-specific extensions, and script blockers may interrupt your Twitter website.
After all, not all the extensions are compatible with the Twitter website. So, if you’re using the Chrome browser, you can follow the below steps to disable extensions:
- Open the browser.
- Click on the small puzzle piece icon or the extensions button, located right beside your Twitter profile icon.
- Now click on the Manage extensions option, to remove or disable the extensions.
After disabling, make sure to re-visit the Twitter site to check if the error message is showing or not.
Tried almost everything to solve the “Tweets aren’t loading” issue but haven’t got successful? Then it’s time to contact the Twitter support team.
You have to report the error message issue and wait for their solution. If there’s a bug in the app, the team will be able to come up with solutions and fix the issue.
When you contact the support team, be sure to provide all the information needed so they can help you out efficiently.
To contact a Twitter support team, simply visit Twitter’s Help Center and follow the instructions.
One of the most common issues you can face while loading the Twitter app is server downtime. If everyone on the app is unable to load the tweets or gets the same error message, there’s a big chance Twitter is down.
If Twitter is down, reach out to your Twitter friends to check if they’re also having problems viewing tweets. Mainly Twitter’s server down is caused by site issues, and these issues get sorted pretty quickly.
Twitter is a giant platform. Over 465 million users are active on Twitter, making it one of the most active platforms.
So, facing issues like “Tweets Aren’t Loading Right Now” messages on this platform is rare. Even if you encounter such a problem, just wait for 10 minutes and let Twitter fix it on its own.
However, if you’re unable to load the tweets on rare occasions, try out everything we’ve mentioned in this list. And if you face any problems while trying these fixes, make sure to let us know in the comments.
Till then, keep Tweeting!