How To Write A Killer Instagram Bio (Why its important?)
Almost everyone uses social media every day of their lives. From Facebook to Twitter to Instagram, social media offers us amazing connections with the world around us, with the people nearby and the people way across the globe, and allows us to share content like never before. You can engage with others without even standing up from your chair, and you have access to a myriad of wonderful facts and images right at the touch of a button.
Of course, the downside of all this amazing stuff is that it can be hard to stand out from the crowd. Instagram is a great place to showcase your artistic talent, or even just share incredible photos from your everyday life with those around you, but if you’re trying to reach a broader audience and get more followers, it can be difficult. You want to show yourself off as quirky and approachable, so anyone who finds your page will want to befriend you, and the best way you can do this is to write a fantastic bio.
There are a few things which make writing a great bio which will stand out pretty hard.
- You only have 150 characters – that means you have to write something pretty snappy and short which will immediately grab people’s attention, but which also sounds authentic to you.
- You want to stand out as different from others, which is getting increasingly difficult on the crowded platform.
- You need to convey a focused sense of who you are and what you do, not anything vague or fluffy. This is particularly important if you’re using Instagram to promote a brand.
Things To Consider Including
Because it’s such a constrained space, your bio should be very carefully crafted, and you may need to update it as time passes and your identity shifts. Here are a few ideas which you might consider going with to make your bio stand out as much as possible.
- Break up information with lines: even with a short line of text, as your bio has to be, if there is a lot of information, you will find your visitors’ eyes jump over it and miss key bits. Putting each thing you want to highlight on a different line creates a sense of organisation, and ensures everything is easy to find and read.
- Include links: since you can actually add links to this space, it’s well worth considering linking to your website, your best work, or anything else which you really want viewers to see. Be sparing, but definitely don’t miss links out if you have something to show off.
- Use your bio to promote offers or events, especially if you run a business – but don’t forget to change it once the event is over, or you risk looking like an abandoned profile.
- Don’t be afraid to use emojis, even if you’re going for a professional feel. They add a bit of fun and colour, and can say a lot without using up your character limit.
Hope you liked our new post!
Famoid Blog – 2018