Instagram offers a great platform for sharing your photos and daily activities and make connections with other people. But sometimes, some persons may be giving you a hard time and blocking them on Instagram is the best thing to do. By blocking someone on Instagram, that Instagram user will no longer be able to find your account, see your profile and check out your posts and stories.
Maybe you and your best friend had a petty argument or you don’t want your grandma to see your posts about your recent island escapade on that tinnie-winnie swimsuit so you decided to block them. Now, in case you’ll have a change of heart, how do you unblock them?
Some Instagram users may find unblocking someone quite tricky. Users may have trouble finding the unblocking option because it is somehow concealed in the settings. Well, don’t worry we got you covered. Read on to know how you can unblock that person you have blocked – whether intentionally or mistakenly – on Instagram.
Unblocking Someone on Instagram Easily – Steps to Follow
Instagram allows you to block certain users easily. In the same way, you can also simply unblock blocked users with just a few taps.
Below are the step by step instructions you can follow to unblock someone on Instagram:
- Go to the Instagram App Icon on your Phone and Tap to Open.
- Tap on the profile icon that is located at the lower right corner of your screen.
- Go to the Menu icon at the top right corner (the icon characterized by three vertical dots). Clicking it will take you to the Options menu.
- Once you are at the Option settings, scroll down until you get to the “Blocked Users” option which is under the “Account” Category.
- Now, you will see the name of the Instagram users that you have previously blocked.
- Find and select the name of the person that you want to unblock. This should take you to the profile of that person.
- Tap on the blue “Unblock” icon or button.
- Instagram will prompt a confirmation pop-up window asking you if you are sure with your recent action. Simply tap the “Yes, I’m sure” button.
By following the steps above you will be able to successfully unblock someone on Instagram. Here’s the catch though, blocking someone will also mean that you have automatically un-followed the account. It removes the account from your list of followers, in the same way that you will be removed from theirs. You won’t be able to see their new posts or get update about their Instagram stories on your news feed.
In other words, merely unblocking someone does not mean that you are already ‘friends’ again. Hence, you will need to follow the account again (and wait for them to follow you back) before you can start to see their posts or stories in your Instagram feed. So, things may get quite awkward once they ask you why you have blocked them. And if things turn out sour again, well, you can simply block them again – end of story.
Hope you like our new content,
Famoid Blog – 2018