Do you want to turn off suggested posts on Instagram?
If yes, this post is for you.
Undoubtedly, Instagram’s suggested post is an excellent feature for creators and influencers, as it gives good exposure.
But let’s face it, seeing random post suggestions from Instagram accounts that don’t interest you is pretty irritating!
And especially if you’re not an influencer or creator, you may not be happy about the feature at all.
So, if you’re searching for ways to eliminate these suggested posts and declutter your Instagram feed, we’ve got your back!
Here we’ve shared how to turn off suggested posts on Instagram so that you can stop the posts suggestions once and for all.
What is Instagram Suggest Post?
Suggested posts on Instagram are posts of random users that Instagram tells you to check out. Now Instagram chooses these random users based on what accounts you interact with or prefer to follow on the platform.
With the suggested post feature, Instagram helps you to find profiles you might be interested in.
For example, if you love following food vlogger profiles, Instagram will suggest a lot of content related to food reviews and recipes.
Suggested posts may appear after a few recent posts on your feed. Also, there’s an entire section dedicated to suggested posts on Instagram.
But you can see the section once you’ve seen the recent posts from all the accounts you follow.
Can You Completely Disable Suggested Instagram Posts?
If you want to altogether disable the suggested Instagram posts feature from your feed, the sad news is you cannot do that!
After all, there is no direct way to remove the entire suggested posts section at once.
However, that doesn’t mean you can’t hide them from your feed.
Instagram always lets you hide or snooze individual suggested posts for 30 days. After 30 days, the posts will keep popping up on your feed, but you can hide them again.
Here’s how you can do that:
- Once you notice a suggested post you don’t like, tap the X button above the post.
- Next, tap the “Snooze All Suggested Posts in Feed for 30 Days” option to get rid of it for a month.
As we mentioned earlier, there isn’t any direct way to disable the post suggestions section in your feed.
But we have an easy workaround for you that can help you avoid the suggested post section without any hassle.
Here’s what you have to do:
- Head to your Instagram feed and tap on the Instagram logo at the top left corner of your screen.
- Now tap on the “Following button”.
And that’s it! Switching your Instagram feed to Following will show you posts only from the people you follow.
You’ll no longer see any Instagram suggested posts while scrolling the feed.
How to Turn Off Suggested Posts on Instagram
If you don’t want to follow an account, but Instagram keeps on suggesting their posts in your feed, getting rid of them is the only option left.
And we recommend two different and simple methods to turn off suggested posts on Instagram.
- Tap the X button above the suggested posts you don’t like seeing.
- A prompt will appear on your screen. From there, tap on Don’t suggest posts from (account name).
That’s all! Instagram will hide that particular post in your feed and won’t suggest posts from that account in the future.
- Scroll down at the end of your feed and stop when you notice the message “you’re all caught up.”
- Below that message, you’ll see Instagram’s suggested posts section.
- Now choose a post you don’t want to see and then the three dots button right next to the user’s name.
- A menu will appear, and from there, tap on “Not Interested”. And Instagram will show you fewer post suggestions from that account.
If you want to completely stop seeing future post suggestions from that specific account, you can further tap on the Don’t suggest posts from (account name) option.
How Do Instagram Post Suggestions Work?
Instagram post suggestions don’t work randomly. Instagram puts a lot of factors into account before suggesting something to you. These suggestions are based on:
- Your activity on the platform. Basically, Instagram tracks what posts you like, save, or comment on the most.
- Instagram also keeps information about the posts you engage with. For example, the app collects information about how popular the post is, how other users or your followers are engaging with it, and when it was posted.
- Instagram also measures your interaction with the account or similar accounts before suggesting posts.
In short, there’s a lot of work that goes behind the scenes! Instagram continually tracks your activity on the platform to make sure they offer you a customized experience.
If you’re all annoyed with the suggested Instagram posts feature, we hope this guide will help you avoid it. However, you can’t get rid of the feature entirely. And Instagram will keep on showing you suggested posts from different accounts.
So, you’ll have to snooze and hide the suggested posts again and again until Instagram shows fewer posts from unwanted accounts.