Ever tried to post on Instagram from your PC and discovered there’ no “+” sign?
Well, that’s because Instagram doesn’t let you post from a computer device. And, it’s a hassle to always use your phone for posting photos or videos. After all, we all want to keep things simple.
The good news is, there are some ways you can use to directly post on Instagram from your PC or Laptop. There are some tricks and tools available to help you.
And, in this article, we’re exactly going to talk about this.
In this post, we’re going to show you how to post on Instagram from a computer device without any hassle.
But before getting into the main point, let’s have a quick look at why Instagram won’t allow you to use a computer device for posting.
Why Can’t You Normally Post on Instagram From Your PC or Mac Device?
5.27 billion active mobile phone users access Instagram. Now that’s 26.3% of the World’s population.
And Instagram is adding more to the numbers by pushing features that live only on mobile devices. Since its launch in 2010, Instagram has encouraged people to use mobile by publishing capabilities that work only on mobile devices.
However, Instagram’s mobile-friendly approach is giving a hard time to brands, influencers, or many professional photographers. Because you can’t post high-resolution photos from mobile devices, also, it’s time-consuming for businesses to open their mobile device every time they want to manage their social media accounts.
That’s why you need a 3rd party tool or an alternative method to use your PC for Instagram posting. And to help you out, here we’ve shared 3 easiest ways to solve this issue.
Read on to find out more!
How to Post on Instagram From a Computer (3 Easy Ways)
Use Facebook Creator Studio
Want an all-in-one solution for your Instagram posting? Well, Facebook Creator Studio is the perfect solution for you.
You can post, edit, schedule, and draft your Instagram posts from one dashboard using Creator Studio. Using Creator Studio, you can also tag people in posts, turn off comments and tag business partners in branded content.
Also, Facebook Creator Studio is useful if you have multiple Instagram accounts. So, if you’re thinking about posting from your laptop or PC, here’s what you need to do:
- Before using Creator Studio, make sure you have a professional or business account on Instagram. However, if you have a personal account, Creator studio won’t work for you.
- Once you’ve set up a business account, head to Creator Studio and log in with your Instagram credentials.
Here’s a heads up: To connect your Instagram account with Creator Studio, first, you need to link your account to a Facebook page. For linking your account, you can follow these simple steps:
- Open your Instagram account.
- Tap on the Edit Profile button.
- Link your Facebook page from the public business information section.
- After logging in with your Insta account, click on the Create Post button.
- Next, click Instagram Feed.
- If you have more than one Insta account select the one you want to post to.
- Click on Add Content to choose the photos or videos you’d like to post.
- Now Creator Studio will give you two options: From File Upload (to upload new content) or From Facebook page (to upload a previously posted facebook content). Choose according to your preference.
- Now, add an engaging and crisp caption in the Write your caption section. You can also add a location. However, this is an optional choice
- Lastly, hit the Publish button to post on Instagram from your PC or laptop
Use the Developer Tools of Chrome
Another great trick you can use to post to Instagram from your PC or Mac is Chrome’s Developer Tools. Google Chrome lets you post to Instagram from Windows, Mac, or even a Chromebook.
Here’s how you can use this:
1. For starters, log into your Instagram account in Google Chrome from your desktop. Now to open the Developer Tools, you can use three different methods:
- First Method: Right-click anywhere on the Instagram page you’ve opened on chrome. A dialogue box will open; from there, choose Inspect. Chrome will open the developer tools panel.
- Second method: Click on the three dots that appear on the right side of your browser. Head to the Settings option and click on More tools from there. Next, click on Developer Tools; this will open the developer’s panel for chrome.
- Third Method: Simply click Ctrl + Shift + I on your Windows keyboard or a Mac, click Cmd + option + I to open the Developer Tools window.
2. Once you’ve opened the Developer Tools panel, head to the top-left corner. You’ll find an icon that looks like a mobile device; click on this to switch the desktop view to the mobile view.
Basically, by clicking on this mobile icon, you tell Instagram that you’re using a mobile device.
3. Next, from the left-top corner, tap Responsive. This will open a drop-down menu; from there, you have to select a mobile interface you’d like to use, for example, Galaxy, iPhone, iPad, etc.
4. Now that you’ve chosen your preferred interface, refresh the page. And voila! You’ll see your Instagram’s mobile interface on your desktop. And, now you can post on Instagram from your Windows or Mac as you’d on your mobile.
Use Any Social Media Scheduling Tool
Not happy using creator studio or Chrome’s Developer Tools? Are you wondering if there’s any other apps or tools available with great features and perks?
Well, yes, there is!
The easiest way to post on Instagram from a computer device is by using a social media tool.
Tools like Buffer, Hootsuite, Later, Zoho let you schedule posts, set up manual or auto-posting from your PC, and much more.
So, If you want to post from your PC or Mac, here we’ve provided all the details about the best tools you can try among the rest.
Buffer is a popular social media post scheduling tool for people who want to use Instagram from PC.
You can schedule any photos or videos on your desktop, and Buffer will post them for you at your preferred times.
And the best part is, Buffer comes with smart analytics. So, if you’re planning to organize a marketing campaign on Instagram, go with this tool. Buffer will give you some in-depth analysis to grow your brand on Instagram.
With this tool, you can easily track the post performances, see audience growth, and analyze how your audiences engage with your posts.
And, not just Instagram Buffer gives you access to manage every social media channel. So, be it Facebook or Twitter, you can manage all platforms from one intuitive analytics dashboard.
What’s more, you don’t have to be a tech expert to use this tool. Buffer’s user-friendliness is one of the many reasons why it made it to our list of top 3 Instagram schedulers.
Buffer comes with a 14-day free trial option. After that, you can sign up for their premium plan as well.
Like Buffer, Sprout Social is another great scheduling tool that allows you to post to Instagram from Laptop or PC.
However, Sprout Social is more than just an Instagram posting app. It’s a social media management tool that helps you manage every social media platform in one place.
Sprout Social does a great job by providing a robust analytics and reporting platform when it comes to Instagram insights. You can track everything using this tool, from a little increase in followers to post-performance over a certain time period.
Sprout Social is recommended for social media scheduling. With this tool, you can schedule your Facebook, Linkedin Instagram posts in advance.
You can discover all the robust features of Sprout Social with their 30-day free trial offer. After that, you can go with their Standard, Professional, or other Premium plans to get more advanced features.
With Hootsuite, you can schedule and publish content to Instagram from your PC using their desktop and mobile app.
Hootsuite is one of the top-notch social media management tools with an easy-to-use interface and great sets of features.
Hootsuite lets you post on Instagram from your desktop, manage multiple social media platforms, review comments, and engage with your customers effortlessly. With Hootsuite, you can manage over 35 social networks, including Google, Twitter, Linkedin, WordPress, Reddit, Instagram, Tumbler, and much more.
Like any other tools in this list, Hootsuite’s post scheduling features allow you to schedule Instagram content in advance. All you need to do is choose a day and time that suits you best.
And let’s not forget about Hootsuite’s unique analytics features. From tracking hashtags to comments on each Instagram post, it helps you gather in-depth insights from your social media strategy across all platforms.
Although Hootsuite comes with a 30-day free trial plan, go for a paid plan to get the best from this tool.
There you go!
These are the 3 easy-peasy tricks you can try to post on Instagram from a computer device. That means next time; you don’t have to worry about your photos or videos resolutions. And, you can strengthen your business’s Instagram presence seamlessly.
We’ve also given you loads of information on Instagram-approved scheduling tools that will make your posting journey much easier.
So, which method did you like the best? Don’t forget to share with us in the comments.