When it comes to online marketing or brand building on social media platforms, Twitter always holds the top position.
Twitter is an emerging social media platform that allows you to engage with your audience through tweets. A tweet is simply a brief message that you can use to share your options, ideas, tips, or any other content.
Twitter is the perfect option to attract an audience, whether you’re a business owner, freelancer, marketer, or someone who wants to gain visibility.
But why is Twitter so popular?
Because Twitter has a strong audience base and provides you with seamless features for marketing and branding.
Pinning is one of those features that helps you to gain more visibility for your most important tweet.
Excited to know more about the pin feature and how to pin a tweet on Twitter?
Keep reading this guide until the end to gain detailed insights on how you can quickly pin a tweet on Twitter within a few seconds.
So without much further ado, let’s dive in.
What is a Pin Tweet?
A Pin tweet is the most important tweet that always stays at the top of your Twitter profile until you remove it.
If you’re a regular Twitter user and post tweets consistently, then by default your latest post will show at the top of your Twitter profile. It means your older tweets go down in the list and become less visible.
But what if your most important tweet goes down in your Twitter profile?
If it happens, then your most important tweet may get less visibility and attention from Twitter users. And that’s where the pin tweet feature comes into existence.
Using the pin tweet feature, you can place your most important tweet at the top of your Twitter profile page to grab the attention of visitors.
No matter how many tweets you publish after pinning, your pinned tweet will always stay at the top of your profile until you remove it.
Why Are Pin Tweets Super Helpful?
Pin tweets are super helpful for gaining more visibility and attention for your most important tweet. Whenever someone visits your profile, the pinned tweet will be the first tweet that visitors will see.
You can use the pin feature for your Twitter marketing purpose or personal branding and it will help you to get more engagement, followers, likes, and retweets.
A pinned tweet is helpful to you in many ways as compared to normal tweets, and here are the key advantages of it:
- It is visible to every visitor that comes to your profile and helps you to gain more attention.
- Pin tweet also gets immense visibility on the timeline as it gets the first attention.
- You can use pin tweet to promote your services, products, or any special offers.
- If you’re building a personal brand on Twitter, then you can showcase your personality, abilities, a brief glimpse about yourself or anything else that you want to tell visitors.
How to Pin a Tweet on Twitter From Desktop or Laptop?
Once you have written and published the tweet on Twitter, then you can pin the tweet. Pinning a tweet is a straightforward process and just needs a few mouse clicks.
If you’re using a desktop or computer, then you can use the official website of twitter to pin tweets, and here is how you can do it.
- Open any browser on your laptop or computer and then navigate to the official Twitter website.
- Sign in to your Twitter account.
- Tap on your profile picture and select the profile option from the drop-down.
- On the profile page, you will see a list of all published tweets of yours, and from here find the tweet that you want to pin.
- Once you find the tweet, click on the three dots from the top of the selected tweet.
- Select the “pin to profile” option from the menu.
- Twitter will give you a prompt that a selected tweet will appear at the top of your profile and if you have any pinned tweet that will be automatically removed. Once you’re okay with the prompt then click on the “Pin” button.
That’s all that you need to do to pin a tweet on your Twitter profile.
How to Pin a Tweet on Twitter From Mobile Device (Android & iPhone)?
Twitter also allows you to pin a tweet from a mobile device and it is the most convenient way for mobile users.
Whether you’re using Android or iPhone, you can use the Twitter mobile application to pin a tweet within a few seconds.
Here are the steps that you need to follow for pinning a tweet on Twitter from mobile devices:
- Navigate to the Twitter app from your mobile and make sure you’re logged in to your Twitter account.
- Tap on the three bars from the top left corner and select Profile from the menu.
- On the profile page, you will see all the tweets that you have posted. Scroll down to find the tweet that you want to pin.
- Once you have selected a tweet for pinning, click on the three bars from the top of the selected pin and select “pin to profile”.
- Twitter will show you a prompt, and confirmation message, and to confirm it click on the “pin” button.
How to Unpin a Tweet?
If you’re no more satisfied with your pinned tweet, then no need to worry. Because you can easily remove the pin from the top of your Twitter profile anytime using the unpin feature.
Following are the steps that you have to follow for unpinning a tweet from your Twitter profile,
- Navigate to your Twitter account.
- Click on the profile icon from the top bar and tap on the profile option.
- At the top of your Twitter profile page, you will see a pinned tweet and click on the three bars from the top of your pinned tweet.
- Now select the “unpin from profile” option.
- Twitter will show you a prompt for confirmation, tap on the “unpin” option to remove the tweet from the top of your Twitter profile.
Can You Pin Someone Else’s Tweet That Isn’t Yours?
Directly there is no option to pin someone else’s tweet, but you can use alternative methods for it. But before pinning someone else’s tweet, make sure that person allows retweets and does not have a private Twitter account.
Here are steps that you can follow for pinning someone else’s tweet on your profile.
- Navigate to the profile of the person whose tweet you want to pin.
- Find the tweet that you want to pin, tap on three bars from the top of a tweet and select the “embed tweet” option.
- Next, you will see a pop-up and uncheck the “include media” option.
- Copy all the text including the (pic. twitter.com) URL for copying the image as well.
- Go to your Twitter profile, tweet the copied content and give credits.
- Now follow the steps for pinning a tweet that we have already discussed above.
I hope now you will get a clear idea of how you can pin someone else’s tweet that isn’t yours.
Can You Pin More Than One Tweet at Once?
No! You can only pin one tweet at a time. It can be your tweet, retweet, or someone else’s tweet, but you can only set one tweet as your pinned Twitter post.
In case, if you want to pin another tweet, then Twitter will give you a prompt that your previous pin will be removed from the top of your Twitter profile as Twitter allows you to pin only one tweet.
The pin feature is super helpful for showcasing a tweet that you want your users to see on your profile at first glance. To get the most out of the pinning feature, you should also think about what to pin.
You can only pin one tweet, so use this space effectively to get the most from this feature.
But how you will decide what to pin?
Simply figure out your goal from Twitter, create a tweet around that, publish it and then pin it on top of your profile to gain more visibility and exposure for your selected tweet.
Leave A Comment