No doubt! Social media platforms are free to use but they consume your time and energy.
Apart from countless benefits, social media platforms also have drawbacks and this is true for TikTok as well. And that’s why a delete account option exists on every social media platform.
There are a number of reasons for deleting a TikTok account. You might want to delete your account because of time consumption, privacy concerns or for your peace of mind.
No matter whatever your reason is, TikTok account deletion steps will remain the same. And you can get rid of the TikTok account within a few mouse clicks.
In this guide, we will show you how to delete your TikTok account step by step.
So, let’s directly jump into it!
What Will Happen if You Delete Your TikTok Account?
TikTok account deletion can affect your TikTok profile in many ways. So, before you consider deleting your account, here are a few things that you should know:
- Once you will delete your TikTok account, your videos, content and any other information will be automatically erased from the TikTok platform. But TikTok allows you to download your TikTok videos. So, if you don’t want to lose any TikTok videos, make sure to save your videos before deleting your account.
- They will also delete all your private communications and messages from your TikTok account. However, shared communications, like chats, are still accessible to other TikTok users with whom you’ve communicated.
- TikTok provides you with a 30-day waiting period before permanently closing your account from the server end. Meanwhile, you can reactivate your TikTok account if you wish to do so. But once the 30 days are over, you will no longer access your deleted TikTok account.
This is all that you need to know before following the TikTok account deletion steps.
How to Delete TikTok Account Permanently (iPhone or Android)
Whether you’re using a mobile or a computer, you can easily delete your TikTok account. TikTok account deletion steps vary based on your device.
So, first, we will walk you through how you can delete your TikTok account from your mobile device. For this, consider following the below steps on your iPhone or android mobile:
- Open your TikTok app and log in to your TikTok account if needed.
- Tap on the “Profile” tab from the bottom right corner.
- Head over to the three horizontal bars from the top right corner.
- Navigate to the “Manage account”.
- Select the delete account option from the bottom of your screen.
- Follow the prompts and tap on the continue button once again to confirm your TikTok account deletion.
- Finally, verify your account by entering your current credentials and then tap on “Delete account”.
How to Delete TikTok Account From PC or Laptop
If you have already uninstalled your TikTok app from your mobile, then no need to download the app once again for this.
Because you can also do that from your laptop or PC, but for this, you should have your TikTok username and password. Grab your TikTok credentials and follow the below steps on your computer:
- Open any browser on your computer and visit the official TikTok website.
- Sign in using your TikTok username and password.
- Tap on your profile photo from the top right corner and click on the “Settings” option.
- Tap on the “Delete label” option that is just next to the delete account.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and tap on the continue button for confirmation.
- Next, enter your credentials once again to verify your account and then hit the “delete button”.
That’s how easy it is.
How Long Does it Take to Delete a TikTok Account?
The TikTok account deletion process is not time-taking. After following the above steps, you can delete your account in a couple of minutes. And TikTok will immediately process your account deletion request.
But TikTok will give you a 30-day time period as a waiting time. So, it means In case you change your mind after deleting your account, then you can reactivate your account within 30 days.
Once the 30 days have passed, there is no way to retrieve your deleted TikTok account. And all your account information will be removed from the TikTok server end as well.
Why Can’t I Delete My TikTok Account?
There are a couple of reasons that may restrict you from deleting your account. If you’re facing such issues, then consider ensuring the following checkpoints:
Contact information is not updated: In order to delete your TikTok account, make sure your email id or phone number is associated with it. If your contact information is not updated yet, then firstly add your email id or mobile number to your TikTok account. And then, based on your device, follow the above steps to delete your account.
Your TikTok app is faulty: Sometimes your TikTok app is not updated to the latest version or may contain some bugs that might cause issues for your TikTok account deletion. So, in this case, you can either update your existing TikTok app or reinstall it. If you will still face issues with deleting your account, then you can delete your TikTok account by using your computer.
The TikTok account deletion feature is quite handy if you want to get rid of TikTok.
First, prepare your mind properly and decide whether you’re ready to delete your account or not.
Because after 30 days, they will permanently delete your TikTok account from the TikTok server and you will no longer access it.
Once you decide to delete your account, then follow the TikTok account deletion steps based on what type of device you’re using. This is all that you need to do to permanently delete your TikTok account.