As Facebook provides many opportunities, from interacting with your friends and family to promoting your business. Many small and big businesses promote themselves and make their name via Facebook. For doing so, a simple Facebook page is made through which anyone can interact with people while having a business outlook. Besides from promoting businesses, Facebook pages are made for a number of reasons including for entertainment purposes, celebrities, books, restaurants, and many more. Though Facebook pages can be used for many purposes, there are also reasons which make you delete your Facebook page. The reasons can include flagship purposes for the businesses, or an old business page that needs to be closed, or if the page owner has been unable to manage the page and considering to delete it.
A Facebook page that does not post any happenings is considered to be inactive and sooner or later people will start losing interest in it, such pages are not well-managed and the admin also do not want to continue such pages, so instead of keeping a dead page, deleting it is better. Moreover, such businesses which lose their presence over time also consider to delete their page from Facebook and make a new identity.
Deleting Facebook page:
Deleting a Facebook page can be done easily but the processes are a little different on different devices. Though deleting a Facebook page is easy, many people still do not know how to delete the page. A step by step guide is provided here so that the people who are worried about it and finding it difficult to get rid of the Facebook page may find some relief.
Deleting a Facebook page by using windows:
Microsoft Windows is the only software used on computers, notebooks and laptops. If you hold these devices then you can follow the below steps to delete a Facebook page.
- Open Facebook on your desired browser. When your homepage is opened look at the right corner of the page.
- Click on the dropdown icon on the top of the Facebook page. A list of options will appear.
- Your pages will appear in the list, click on “manage pages” option.
- Now if you have many pages, click the name of the page you want to delete.
- The page will open, at the top of the page there will be an option of “settings” click on that.
- Doing so will open all the settings of the page, click on “general”
- Then another list of option will appear, scroll down until you find the option of “remove page” click on this option.
- A pop-up will appear to click on the “permanently delete-page name”.
- A confirmation will be asked, click on the “delete page” after the delete page prompt is given your page will be permanently deleted from Facebook.
Deleting a Facebook page by using android:
Deleting a Facebook page is simpler while using Android software. It will require you to perform the following steps.
- Open the Facebook app in your android device and sign in to it if you haven’t been already.
- Tap on the ☰ icon at the top right of the Facebook page. A list of the menu will appear.
- Tap on “my pages” option from the list. Now all your pages will appear, tap the name of the page to be deleted, it will open the page.
- After the page is opened, an “edit” option will appear to blow the picture of the page beside the photos option.
- Another page with a lot of options will appear, scroll down to tap on “settings” option.
- Now tap on “general”, it will lead you to another page of many options.
- Scroll down and find remove page option and tap on “permanently delete- page name”.
- Now a confirmation will be asked, tap on the “delete page “option. The page will be permanently deleted.
Deleting a Facebook page on iOS:
If you use iOS devices like iPhone, iPad or any other then you have to follow these steps in order to delete a page from Facebook.
- First launch the Facebook app in your apple device, when it is opened, tap on “more” at the top right of the page.
- A list will appear including the pages that you have made. Tap on the page that you want to delete.
- Your desired page will be opened, tap on the ellipsis “more” option after the edit button.
- A pop will appear with options, tap on the “edit settings”.
- Then a list of settings will appear, select “general” by a tap on it.
- Scroll down to the very last of the page, you will find an option of “permanently delete- page name” under the remove page tab. Hit the permanently delete option.
- A warning prompt will appear making you realize that deleting a Facebook page is permanent and once the page is deleted you will not be able to undo it. O tap on the delete page icon if you really want to do so.
- Hit the delete page button and you will finally get a message that your page is deleted, tap on OK and you are good to go.
These steps must be followed on different devices in order to permanently dele your Facebook page and get rid of the burden. If you want to create another page you can easily do so without any hesitation. Keeping Facebook pages minimum is better because then they are efficiently managed,
An inactive or dead page a really be a burden on an account, deleting such pages will ease the load on your Facebook account or app. Maybe you will also feel a difference in using your Facebook, plus if you wanted to eliminate the page from your profile and all the data of that page then deleting the Facebook page is the best option. However, Facebook pages are still a great way to popularize any product, if managed properly.
Also if you want, you can check our Facebook fan page packages below:
Famoid Blog – 2018