Facebook is one of the most used social networks, with more than half of the world uses Facebook. A network this big help you connect with many people around the world, the only problem is that with great networks come greater problems. No offence, but there are many people who are getting on nerves o others and the only thing that can be done in order to get rid of them is to block their account. Either there is someone who is troubling you, or someone whose posts are not your type, or someone who you do not want to be friends anymore, you can block all these people.
There are also situations when a fight or an argument between two people become so aggressive that being in contact with them in any way cannot be approved in any way. For such situations blocking that person on the facebook can provide a relief while it can also be a way to show the angriness. Moreover, there are many perverts on Facebook that should not be accepted and should be blocked right away.
What does a Block do?
Well, a block can help you in a number of ways when you block someone on Facebook:
- They cannot see your posts or visit your profile
- They cannot search for your profile
- They will not be able to message you on Messenger
- They cannot interact with you
How to block someone on Facebook:
There is more than one way to block someone on facebook. It can also differ on the devices used to operate Facebook.
For blocking a facebook profile while using a laptop or computer you can follow the following steps.
- Open your desired browser and go to facebook.com.
- Click on the Search bar and type the name of the facebook profile that you want to block.
- Many search results will be provided to you. Click on your specific profile and once their profile is opened, click on the ellipsis which is three dots next to the call icon.
- A drop-down menu will open, click on the Block icon, you will be asked to block the person as well as you will be provided with the details of blocking a person.
- Confirm your blocking by clicking on the block icon.
Another way to block a person on the windows is described below.
- Open Facebook in your browser, click on the available at the top right side of your Facebook home page.
- Again a list of options will be opened, click on the “settings” icon.
- A page with all the settings of the account will appear, scroll down at the left side of the page and click on “blocking”
- Another page with the name of manage blocking will appear, it will have many sections restricted limit, block users, block messages from, block app invites, block event invitations, block apps and block pages. You can use these sections to block any of the above options including pages and apps.
- Enter the name or email of the person you want to block in the block users section.
- A list of all the profiles of the same name will open, block your particular profile by clicking on the block icon at the right side of the name.
- A confirmation request will be opened, confirm it and that profile has been blocked and will appear in the block users section.
You can also block someone on Facebook by using your mobile phone, for doing so you will have to follow these steps:
- First, open the Facebook app in your mobile, and sign in if you haven’t been logged in till now.
- Search the person on the top Search bar on facebook.
- A list of all the profiles having the same name will appear, select the profile you want to block by tapping on the name.
- As soon as the profile will open you will be given options of friends, following, message, call, and also three dots or ellipsis.
- Tap on the ellipsis you will see the option “block”, tap on the block option and confirm it to block the profile.
There is another way to block a Facebook profile using the mobile phone, it requires a little effort.
- Open the Facebook app in your mobile and tap on the three bars option at the top of the facebook page.
- A list of options will appear, tap on the “settings and privacy” option.
- Tap on the “settings” option, then another page will open scroll down to the privacy section and tap on “blocking”.
- Here your blocked profiles will appear, there will be an option of “add to block list” tap on that, a page will open asking for a name or email address you want to block.
- Enter the specific information, a list of profiles will appear, after finding your particular profile tap on the block button, a confirmation of blocking will be asked.
- Tap on the block button and the profile will be blocked.
Effects of blocking:
If you are wondering about that whether the person whom you have blocked will be notified about this or not. Then do not worry because they will not be sent any notification or message that you have blocked them. The only way, they can come to know of blocking is by visiting your profile. The blocked contacts will be unable to send you a friend request or message or poke you or interact you with anyway.
There is also an option if you are only blocking the person for the time being. You can unblock them whenever you feel like by going to the blocked user’s section on the facebook or by visiting their profile. If you want to ignore a person for a limited time, then this is a good way to do so. They will also be unable to realize that you have blocked them until and unless they visit your profile.
Also, if you consider to get real & active engagements on your Instagram profile, you may want to look at our packages below:
Famoid Blog – 2018