Why You Might Download And Things To Bear In Mind
Almost everyone knows the feeling: you come across the coolest video ever online, and it’s one you want to keep. In the online world, it’s very easy to lose something, either because you forget to bookmark the page, the owner changes the video’s privacy settings, or – perhaps worst of all – it gets deleted. That’s why, if you find a video you love, you might well want to download it to make sure you can watch it again. However, if you’re on Instagram, they don’t offer an easy way to do this, and there are a few things you need to remember.
- You cannot download a video if you intend to alter it or claim it as your property. This breaks copyright laws, and could result in legal action. You can only download videos for your own personal use.
- If you use third-party software, make sure you’re discerning about which websites you use, and do research to make sure they’re safe, and aren’t installing malicious content on your device.
Downloading To A PC
1) Get the download link from the source code.
- Open the video you want to download, right-click, and select ‘inspect element’ or ‘view page source.’
- Press Ctrl + F and search for ‘.mp4’, then copy the section of code ending in ‘.mp4’ and paste it into a new tab. You can then right-click on the video and save it to your computer.
2) Use an online video downloader.
- Copy the URL for the video you want to download.
- Open the tool you want to use, and paste the link in.
- Choose where to save the file to, and then download it.
3) Get an addon or plugin for your browser which lets you download videos. This will depend on your browser and the addon, but you should usually see some options on the video’s page once you’ve installed the addon, which will allow you to download it.
Downloading To An Android
4) This is perhaps the easiest one, as Androids automatically save videos that you watch, so all you need to do is locate them.
- Watch the full video, or only a part of it will have downloaded. Android only downloads videos you’ve watched.
- Using your phone’s file manager, go to Data > com.instagram.android > Cache > Videos.
- Change the relevant file’s extension to an MP4, and you should be away.
Downloading To Another System
5) If you don’t have an android, or don’t want to find the files this way, you may need to consider a third-party app to download videos. There are many out there, so try a couple and see which you like the workings of the best.
- Go to the apps store and download one which you like the look of.
- Most then only require you to paste the video URL into them, at which point they’ll download it straight to your device.
Hope this topic helps you about Download Videos from Instagram.
Famoid Blog – 2017