Why You Might Want To Delete Your Instagram
Most of us love social media, and spend more time than we care to admit scrolling, posting, liking, sharing, messaging, and generally communicating through it. However, there are many reasons why you might want to get rid of an account, either because you’ve stopped using it, you’re making a new one, or you want to get away from social media entirely. There can be something draining about feeling obliged to constantly post pictures online, and you may feel that deleting your account is the best way to remove this pressure and free yourself from continually checking for updates and news. Whatever the reason, it can be tricky to find the quickest and easiest way of deleting an account – partly because the site owner doesn’t want you to leave!
Things To Think About First
Before you delete your account, you should consider whether you will lose anything of value. Deleted accounts can’t be recovered, so make sure you have thought carefully before you do it, and bear in mind that you will not be able to even use the same username if you create a new account in the future. Some things to consider include:
- Have I backed up anything important from my Instagram account? This could include names, pictures, videos, etc., which you will not be able to access once the account is gone. Double-check that you have copies of anything important stored elsewhere. You could look into third party software which will help you back everything up if there is a lot.
- Does your Instagram account link to anything else important? Will you need it to access anything else?
- Are you going to lose touch with any friends who you don’t have other contact information for?
- Do you want to wipe all your Instagram activity?
How To Delete It
You will need to open the browser version of Instagram to delete your account; it can’t be done through the app.
- Open your browser and log in to your Instagram account.
- Head over to the Deletion page. Scroll down, and click on ‘Delete Your Account.’
- You will be asked to choose a reason from a drop down menu about why you want to delete your account. You must enter something at this point in order to proceed, but you can select ‘something else’ if you don’t want to tell them the reason or it doesn’t match up with their options.
- Once you’ve done this, you will be asked to re-enter your password, and then you can confirm that you wish to delete your account.
If deleting your account is too extreme, bear in mind that you can just disable it. This lets you log back in at a later date if you change your mind, and will ensure that your data is safe. If you want to ensure you still have access to a particular username and that everything is still there, this is a better option for going offline for an extended period.
Hope this is helpful for you!
Famoid Blog – 2017